Links for October 21, 2023
Posted on Saturday, Oct 21, 2023 11:09 PM
- ↪︎ Value and type parameter packs allow you to write generic functions that accept an arbitrary number of arguments with distinct types
Value and Type parameter packs in Swift explained with examples
- ↪︎ How the Creator of Alone in the Dark Came Back to Games - The Making of SKEW for Playdate - Playdate News
- ↪︎ Automating RawRepresentable Conformance with Swift Macros
- ↪︎ What does Game Mode do?
- ↪︎ Apple added a content unavailable view in iOS 17. It's available for both SwiftUI and UIKit.
Content Unavailable Views
- ↪︎ For All Mankind - Season 4 - The Art of VFX
- ↪︎ Highlighting the Selected Item Button in a SwiftUI List
- ↪︎ Today’s challenge: use the standard SwiftUI list view to navigate through a folder structure. All examples I could find work based on a pre-defined nested data structure, but that won’t work for a folder / file hierarchy: the nesting can be so deep that loading performance will be not acceptable. Especially when browsing a network […]
Dynamically loading a hierarchical list in SwiftUI
- ↪︎ At WWDC23, Apple introduced SwiftData - a framework which focuses on persisting data by using declarative code. SwiftData uses Swift's new macro system and is designed to work with SwiftUI.
Quick developer guide on SwiftData for iOS
- ↪︎ Don't use DISTINCT as a "join-fixer" - Simple Talk
- ↪︎ Gaza Strip size compared to U.S. cities
- ↪︎ Over the past 100 years, Disney has created postmodern hotels, art-deco cinemas, futuristic monorails, fairytale castles and a deconstructivist concert hall. To mark the brand's centenary on 16 October, we round up its 10 most interesting buildings.
Twelve examples of Disney architecture that border on make-believe
- ↪︎ Using SymbolEffect to Animate SF Symbols in SwiftUI
- ↪︎ Stunning house. Just wow.
Two Spiral Staircases Help Create This Unique Home Design
- ↪︎ Neat house, great name.
Pixel House / AGi Architects
- ↪︎ In the earlier tutorial, I have walked you through the basics of SwiftData, a new framework introduced in iOS 17 as a replacement for Core Data. If you have
Using SwiftData with Preview in SwiftUI